Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tall Gable Box




I wanted to make 100 treat holders for an upcoming Trunk or Treat at our church but I just couldn't think of  anything that would hold the items I purchased. Everything I bought is long and thin. Well, after some  consideration, I decided to modify the gable box I demonstrated earlier this month. The Tall Gable Box I'm demonstrating today can be made from a single sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 inch cardstock but looks very different. The  box  is 3 inches wide x 8 inches tall and is 1 inch deep. 

You might be thinking that making 100 of these would be expensive but it's not! I purchased 2 packs of black cardstock for just $5 (each pack contains 50 sheets). That means each box will cost just 5 cents to make. I am using up a whole pile of left over Halloween patterned papers from stash (Yes, I have been hoarding paper again!!) and I also plan to use  a mountain cardstock scraps for the embellishments. So you see, this project will actually help me clean up my craft room,  get my creativity flowing and  make a few little kids happy. Wow that's a bargain for just $5!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment