Wow! It really is starting to feel like fall. The weather is definitely cooler, the leaves are coming down fast and last Sunday we had Trunk or Treat at church. I made 100 treat boxes, stuffed each one full of candy and a spooky treat and watched the kids light up when they received a cute little treat box instead of plain wrapped candy.
This week I also got a special request from my friend Michelle. She wanted a pattern for a treat box that was the same height and width as the Halloween Gable Treat Box but only 1 inch deep. Her church will be hosting a statewide event for ministers so they need to make an inexpensive table favor for each person. So I went back to my scoring tool and modified the pattern one more time! The new box is super stinkin' cute. It can be made from a piece of cardstock that is just 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches. Wow that's even more economical to make than my previous attempts :-)
Hope you are enjoying the cool fall weather and that I have inspired you to pull out you craft supplies and make someone smile!
To make the 3 1/2 tall x 3 inch wide x 1 inch deep Gable Treat Box:
- Cut your cardstock 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches
- Score the 8 1/2 inch side at 1,4,5, and 8 inches
- Score the 6 1/2 inch side at 1, 2, and 5 1/2 inches
- Trim, fold and assemble just like the original Halloween Gable Box (Check out my videos for a tutorial)
- Use a 3/4 inch circle punch to make the hole at the top of the box
- Rounding the corners is optional.
- Cut decorative paper for the front of the box at 2 3/4 x 3 1/4 inches