Sunday, December 19, 2010

Presentation is Everything!



I made some peanut brittle for our church janitor but didn't have a cute holiday tin to package it in. I decided to use a sturdy silver box that I saved from a few years back (Can you believe that store bought Christmas cards came in this box?)I lined the box with pretty tissue paper, packed the candy in a heavy duty zip top bag, and tucked a nice card inside. But my package just seemed too plain. I added a bow but still felt like it needed a little more bling. I decided to make an ornament card to match the red and silver.

I used Versa Mark to stamp the snowflake all over a scrap of paper. I heat embossed the design using silver embossing powder. next I folded the scrap in half and used my SU ornament punch to make a little card. (Just make sure the fold is below the punch line at the top of the ornament!) I attached the card with a little piece of silver cording and this is what I came up with. Not bad for a 15 minute project! Microwave peanut brittle took 10 minutes and the tag too about 5 minutes. What's not to love about that? :-)

Merry Christmas,
Vickie




No comments:

Post a Comment