Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I love the Fun Flowers Die!




Today I made a quick and simple card for my friend Andrea. I used fabric (Yes, you can cut fabric with your Sizzix dies!) and some scraps of pink tulle. I used the SU Fun Flowers Die to cut all of the flower layers twice in fabric and twice in tulle then I just layered them together, but the flower didn't look dimensional enough for me so I folded some of the tulle scraps (maybe 1 inch x 1 inch squares) and placed them randomly in the middle of the assembled flower(I think I used 8) I pinned the flower to hold it together and made a hole in the center with my Big Byte - a brad in the center and the flower was done!

I wanted the flower to be removable so I put it on a bar pin (just feed the brad prongs through the center hole in the bar pin) and punched two holes in the card. My flower pin threaded through the two holes in the card and can easily be removed and added to something else.

Happy Stamping,

Vickie

Double click on the flowers to get a real close up view :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment