Thursday, September 6, 2012

Halloween Gable Treat Bag



I know it has been a while since I posted, but I have a really good excuse! My husband and I took a cruise to Bermuda and had a fabulous time. Shortly after we arrived home, our youngest son returned from his summer internship in Boston. He has now accepted a  full time job in California and next week will move 2570 miles away (pass me a tissue please!) You may remember, earlier this summer we helped our oldest son move across country so he could begin a full time job in Wyoming. I am exhausted!! We have packed and moved and packed and traveled and unpacked so many times that I'm starting to feel a little disoriented. My life should be back on track after the middle of this month but it will be a lot lonelier around here.

Today I worked on a little Halloween project. It was inspired by a box that I saw in a craft store. I thought their treat box was adorable but I had no idea how it was made. It only took me a few minutes with my SU scoring tool to create a pretty close replica. Hope enjoy the tutorial that I have prepared.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. This treat bag is so cute! Leah and I will be making some very soon :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a sweetheart! One nice feature that I didn't point out - You can make the base of the treat box in advance and store them flat until they are needed. Just tape the side together but do not tape the bottom flap. The whole thing will be about 5x7 when folded flat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this little treat box, I've just made a bunch of them for my grandson to take to school for Christmas. It was a nice fast box to make and they looked great.

    ReplyDelete