Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Straight from the Nest Birthday Card




Last night I realized I needed a birthday card for my brother so I decided to give my new Pink Cricut Expression Machine a test drive. I know, I know, there is absolutely no difference between my regular Cricut Expression Machine and the pink one, but the pink one just makes me feel happy. Besides it was an early anniversary gift from my wonderful hubby. Guess I drooled at the advertisement one too many times and he got the hint!

 Any whoo, I made this cute owl card using my Straight from the Nest cartridge. The card is 5 x 5 inches so I cut the owl (on page 30 in the handbook) at 2 3/4 inches. The branch (on page 42 of the handbook) was cut  at 1 1/2 inches. (I think - My memory is not what it used to be!) Even the sentiment (page 67 in the handbook) is from this adorable cartridge. I used a stamp from my stash to create the banner and kept the color palate very simple but I could not resist the temptation to bling it up just a bit - I added Glossy Accents to the beak and a few brown mini brads along the bottom of the card. Now if I can just find some wrapping paper, I'll get this gift in the mail.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment