Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Card in a Box




Wow! I am so excited to show you what I learned today. The "card in a box" idea is all the rage right now and today I figured out how to make one. For some reason I thought it would be difficult to measure and cut and complicated to assemble but that's just not true! It is a snap to make and it really doesn't require many tools.

How you decorate your card in a box is what makes it unique. I had the Just Sayin' stamp set and framelits out on my desk (Nope, I still haven't put them away since I made the cell phone card) so that's what I used. Then I couldn't resist making a second one with the Sentsational Seasons stamp set and matching framelits. I have seen crafters make them for birthdays, graduation, congratulations, get well .... I am absolutely certain you will come up with a reason you need to make one of these.

You might want to add a writing panel to the back of your card in a box so you can write a personal message to the recipient. Just cut another 1 3/4 x 5 1/4 inch piece of cardstock and adhere in place. You could also decorate the outside of the box. The possibilities are endless!  Happy crafting.

post signature
P.S.  In my samples I used strips of acetate (3/8 of an inch wide x 2 or 3 inches long) to elevated some of the  elements on my cards. This adds height without taking up any visual space. Just attach them to the baffles inside of your card. You can just use the clear plastic from packaging if you don't have any sheets of acetate.


FYI, if you need to see more detail, you can click on any photo to make the image larger :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment